Official information of the new iPhone SE (2020) smartphone presented on April 15, 2020. Here through a technical sheet we will show the renewal of the smallest Apple model specifying its characteristics and providing official photos, video, and price. This device stands out for its 6.4-inch Retina HD screen and its third-generation A13 Bionic processor.
- Operating system: IOS
- Screen size:4.7 “
- Launch price:€ 489
- Release date: April 2020
- Dimensions:138.4mm / 67.3mm / 7.3mm
It’s here: the ‘cheap iPhone’ we were hoping for has been made official in the form of the iPhone SE (2020). It arrives with a starting price of 489 euros and is available in three different capacities (64, 128, and 256 GB). It is topped by a 4.7-inch (HD) Retina display, A13 Bionic processor, and a 12-megapixel camera with portrait mode. Discover the best offer, prices in Spain, and features on this tab.
- High:138.4 mm
- Width:67.3 mm
- Thickness:7.3 mm
- Weight:148 g
- Water/dust resistance: IP67
- Size:4.7 “
- Screen type: Retina (IPS)
- Resolution: HD
- Pixel Density:326 dpi
- Protection type: Anti-fingerprint oleophobic cover
- Additional features:Contrast of 1,400: 1 (typical). True Tone screen. Wide color gamut (P3). Haptic response. The maximum brightness of 625 nits (typical).
- Operating system: IOS
- SO version:13
- Processor: A13 Bionic
- Internal memory:64 GB
- MicroSD expansion: NOT
- Main camera:
- Resolution:12 MP
- Opening:f / 1.8
- Video: UHD 4K
- Frontal camera:
- Opening:f / 2.2
- Capacity:1,821 mAh
- Fast charge: YES
- Version: Up to 18 W
- USB : Lightning
- Bluetooth: 5.0 with A2DP
- WiFi : 802.11a (5GHz), 802.11ac (2.4GHz), 802.11b (2.4GHz), 802.11g (2.4GHz), 802.11n (2.4GHz), MIMO2x2, WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
- Other : NFC connectivity
- FM Radio:NOT
- Stereo speakers: NOT
MORE ABOUT APPLE IPHONE SE (2020)
After waiting for a couple of years, Apple has decided to launch its new iPhone SE, as it is called, in April 2020. The phone comes to the market with an eminently outdated design but with hardware and software to match then, it marks the year in which it was released. For this reason, we are dealing with a smartphone that inherits the design of classic mobiles such as the iPhone 8 but adding the power of the 2019 iPhone 11.
In addition we also find the odd novelty in the smartphone camera and small changes that we go through in this mobile datasheet.
Design and Screen
The smartphone boasts some key elements of its older brothers such as IP67 protection against dust and splashes but it debuts in the manufacturer’s compact range a glass finish on the back where the Apple logo is included in the center. Manufactured in a seven-layer dyeing process to achieve a precise hue and opacity, this material makes it possible to use wireless charging with the charger sold separately. To this we must add the availability in black, white and red.
Inheriting the lines and shapes of pre-notch smartphones, the iPhone SE 2020 mounts a 4.7-inch Retina HD (1334 x 750 px) panel with True Tone technology that adjusts white balance based on ambient light to deliver an image. natural. Compatible with 625-bit brightness, it features Dolby Vision and HDR10 for video playback.
Instead of a FaceID, the smartphone remounts a TouchID made from a high-strength sapphire crystal, surrounded by a steel ring. In addition, the screen allows expanding functions thanks to its haptic response that enables what Apple calls as Quick Actions.
Performance and memory
The processor of the new cheap Apple mobile is the same as the one that equips the current high-end Apple, that is, an A13 Bionic chip with a 64-bit architecture manufactured in 7nm that offers performance improvements and power management compared to 2018 phones around 25% and more than 50% compared to the iPhone 8 on which this new phone is based on those of Cupertino
In memory there are fewer certainties. Apple never indicates the amount of RAM present in its devices, but different stores claim that the 2020 iPhone SE has 3 GB of RAM. That is one GB more than the iPhone 8 and one less than the iPhone 11. Despite the improvement in the processor, the mobile can use the Neural Engine, an independent eight-core processing unit capable of processing five billion operations per second.
When it comes to internal memory, Apple’s smartphone has never supported memory card support but we can buy the phone in the classic 64, 128, and 256 GB versions of internal storage.
Another of the mysteries that Apple usually keeps in its presentations is the capacity in mAh of its mobiles. In the case of the iPhone SE 2020 it is no different and the brand states that it is a battery identical to that of the iPhone 8. This would give us a cell of 1821 mAh that, according to the firm itself, gives us autonomy to reproduce up to 13 hours of video (8 hours in streaming) and up to 40 hours in audio playback.
Of course, the Apple phone debuts 18W fast charge that is capable of filling up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with a compatible adapter, It also has wireless charging compatible with Qi chargers.
Behind Apple leaves the iPhone SE of 2020 with a single 12-megapixel wide-angle sensor and ƒ / 1.8 aperture that, yes, uses the image signal processor and the Neural Engine of the A13 Bionic to take advantage of more advances in computational photography, such as Portrait mode, being able to work with six Portrait Lighting and Depth Control effects. In addition we can record video clips in 4K and at a speed of up to 240 fps.
As for the front camera, we have the latest generation Smart HDR that helps to recognize the subjects that appear in the frame and readjusts the light to improve the quality of the photographs taken with its 7 MP sensor and f / 2.2 aperture.
While the iPhone 8 is one of those phones that iOS 13 does not sit well with, the improvements in the hardware of the Apple phone make iOS 13 functions “like a shot” and are assured of about 4 more system updates. Among the novelties of iOS 13 to review, rescue the dark mode and the advanced features of Camera and Photos in the new operating system, with an even more complete and intuitive native edition.
IN FAVOR: HALF IPHONE 11…
Everything in which the mobile looks like the iPhone 11 is a success. For this reason, the great virtues lie within the glass body of the iPhone SE 2020:
- A13 Bionic processor: The fact that the mobile phone looks the same as the current top-of-the-range processor of the brand is a point in favor since it claims to have a smartphone for years.
- Neural Engine for the photo camera: Although the design of mobiles from 4 years ago is maintained, the technologies applied to the smartphone camera make that, despite having a single sensor, the portrait mode offers a quality radically superior to that of those mobiles.
- iOS 13 and much more: The new hardware means that we have almost secured several updates to iOS on Apple’s mobile.
CONS: HALF IPHONE 8 …
All these improvements are found on the outside but it is on the outside where the mobile loses much of its charm:
- Outdated design: Just take the phone in your hands you will travel the past. A single-camera, physical fingerprint sensor, a screen without notch … Apple has wanted to reuse the body of the iPhone 8 instead of betting on a compact iPhone X and … we don’t like it.
- 2016 screen: The mobile mounts a 16: 9 screen with HD + resolution, which is not bad at all in quality, but it has little to do with mobile panels that move in the same price range and, of course, dispense with the edges around the panel.
- Without Face ID: The fact that the mobile mounts a Touch ID will like many but give up FaceID and, among other things, the Animojis, in full 2020, it costs.
A SCAM OR A HIT?
It all depends on the perspective in which you look at it. The cheapest version of the phone starts from a price close to 500 euros and for this price we can find much better alternatives (with 5G connectivity, Snapdragon 855 processor, triple RAM, better cameras, Android 10 …) and, above all, prettier, in the competition.
However, the phone has better hardware and global feature set than the iPhone 8 and its price is lower, so if you want to try a cheap Apple device, this is your best option. It is certainly not the best iPhone or the best phone of the moment, but it is the Apple phone with software and hardware adapted to 2020 cheaper.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Spain is one of the first countries where we are going to be able to buy the phone. Presented on April 15, 2020, the sale starts on Friday, April 17 at 2:00 p.m. Its price for the most basic version is below 490 euros and that of more storage above 650 euros. These are the official prices of the iPhone SE 2020 that, remember, go on sale in red, black and white:
- 64GB iPhone SE 2020: 489 euros
- iPhone SE 2020 128 GB: 539 euros
- 256GB iPhone SE 2020: € 659
Apple iPhone SE 2020 price in Bangladesh is
- 64GB iPhone SE 2020: 45000 tk
- iPhone SE 2020 128 GB: 50000 tk
- 256GB iPhone SE 2020: 60000 tk
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.